Saturday, March 17, 2012

Trish: WonderCon 2012

4 WORDS:  NEED MORE STAR WARS!
Today, my son and I ventured up to Anaheim to check out WonderCon.  It usually takes place in San Francisco at the Moscone Center.  But, the center is being renovated, so this year WonderCon came to Anaheim.  It is described as the "little brother" of SDCC, and that's about right.  It was definitely smaller and it was definitely fun....just not as fun (in my opinion), as SDCC.
 Of course, more than anything, I am a Star Wars fan, and there wasn't a whole lot to see, or rather attend, regarding the galaxy far, far away.  Luckily, costuming groups like, the 501st, the Rebel Legion and the Mandalorian Mercs, were there in full force.  All of them have teamed up to raise money for Princess Leah.  We donated money for the sweet girl and my son got Tarkin's (Stephen Stanton) autograph.
 My son was also wearing one of his favorite Vader shirts and Vader thought it was "impressive", so we had to take a pic:
We only attended 1 day and we had a fun time.  But I do miss my SDCC.  The Force seems to be stronger there.  
Anyone else attend WonderCon?  What did you think?

2 comments: