Sunday, February 12, 2012

Trish: TPM 3D Review

 Yesterday, I loaded up the kids and headed up to Tustin, CA to the AMC 14 at The District.  They were the closest theater to us that was having a special event to go along with the movie.  The local 501st was there to welcome us in the lobby after we grabbed our tickets and Podracer 3D glasses.  
The lobby was full of fun things for us to do while we waited for our 12:45 showing.  We got to put together lego squares for a cool Episode I themed mural-
 There was also face painting-
 And I didn't get a picture of us playing, but my daughter and I got to play the pod racing portion of the new Star Wars Kinect game.  It was awesome!
Here's my little girl sporting her Padme HU shirt and her Ahsoka lightsaber while hanging with the lovely ladies of the 501st: 
Once we had participated in all the fun, we went and got a good spot in line.  The theater also gave us these cool new toys from Hasbro, Star Wars Fighter Pods.

 I set up a little battle arena with our lightsabers, so that all the kids in line could battle while we waited:
 The little figures in the pods are so cute!  (My daughter is too!)
 OK-Movie Time.....It was So. Much. Fun!  The 3D, to me, was OK.  Just that...OK.  It was definitely cool and very clear.  But it just didn't WOW me.  But seeing this movie, on the big screen, with my kids was the best!  I think I spent more time actually watching the looks on their faces, than I did the movie.  And, ok, I have probably seen this movie 100 times, and still cried when Anakin leaves his mom AND when Qui-Gon died.  I also got goosebumps during the opening crawl and during the Darth Maul fight scenes.  Everyone cheered at the end and my kids LOVED it!  Totally worth the hour drive...
Here's the (almost) finished Lego mural as we left the theater-
 It was such a great way to celebrate opening weekend....Thank You AMC 14!  We had a great time!
One last family shot
So.... What did you think?  What did you do?

2 comments:

  1. looks so awesome. wish i was there. looks like so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I wish I could have gone to see it in 3-D. I can't wait until the rest is in 3-D. Maybe I'll see those. I saw your pictures in the Insider Magazine.

    ReplyDelete