Saturday, January 8, 2011

Trish: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

http://www.starwars.com/fan/event_news/hayford_new_years_2011/index.html
 Wow!  2011 is already looking to be a fun and fantastic year for Star Wars Fans!  After last night's episode of  "Star Wars-The Clone Wars", I'm so excited to see what's next!  One Word:  NIGHTSISTERS!

There are a few more things coming out this year that I'm REALLY excited about!  I thought I'd share them with you:
FIRST:  On January 26, 2011, you can get your hands on this new comic from one of my favorite writers, Haden Blackman.  He wrote the stories for both "Star Wars Galaxies" and "The Force Unleashed" games.  Check out these reviews from Newsarama and StarWars.com.
Darth Vader and The Lost Command
This week, Legoland announced a new Star Wars attraction for their parks.  It will be part of their Mini-land and you will have the opportunity to walk through each of the six episodes.  It is set to open on March 31, 2011.  Here's a link for more information:  http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-lego-star-wars-legoland-california-01201105,0,1419576.story
 This year marks the 20th Anniversary for "Heir to the Empire".  This was one of the very first EU novels I ever read and got me hooked!  Del Rey announced that this June, they will release a special anniversary edition.  To find out more, check out: http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/heir20th/index.html
 I will be attending my 8th SDCC this summer!  Not sure of what to expect out of the panels this year, but I'm really excited to already have my tickets.  If you haven't heard, they have been unsuccessful with selling the single day tickets so far.  I'll keep you posted and let you know when you can expect to get your hands on those!  OR you can check for yourself at:  http://www.comic-con.org/cci/
 This September, we can look forward to getting our hands on the complete Star Wars saga on Blu-ray.  See what our friends at TheForce.net are saying about it:  http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/SW_Saga_Coming_To_BluRay_In_September_135953.asp
And finally, this Fall, Star Tours is set to reopen at Disney Parks.  You can check out this video on the Disney Parks Blog.  My family and I are so excited for this and we got Annual Passes for Christmas!

What am I missing?  Let us know what Star Wars happenings you're looking forward to this year!

1 comment:

  1. I love finding out about what each year has in store in terms of Star Wars stuff. I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the Fate of the Jedi series, in addition to the blu-rays! The Thrawn trilogy anniversary is awesome, too as it they were also some of the first Star Wars books I read. Another good year for Star Wars fans.

    secretlifeofastarwarsnerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete