Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Amy: Star Wars in 3D

I'm sure by now, you've seen the news - Star Wars is going to be released in 3D.  We get the first film, A Phantom Menace, in 2012. 

Most of me is "Yay, Star Wars," but the a small part of me is "meh" about 3D.  It seems like many movies are headed that direction, and I don't think it's always a fit.  Every action movie should not automatically be 3D.  Unless it drastically improves the look and experience of the film, why's it necessary?

It could fit with Star Wars though; there's certainly potential.  And really?  I'll just be thrilled to see them in a theater again. How do you guys feel about it?

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you. When I heard the news, I was like, "Hmmmmmm". I love all things "Star Wars" and always love an opportunity to see it on the big screen, but have not been a big fan or that impressed with 3D. I guess we will just have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of hate post-production 3D even more than regular 3D, so not thrilled. At least they are the new ones being messed with, and not the classics (again).

    Rosalind
    Girls Are Geeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's the part I'm most hesitant about - post-production 3D is not fabulous.

    ReplyDelete