Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Trish: YODA

Jedi Master-

As a little girl, he was the cute, little, furry frog guy from Star Wars. He talked funny too- "Do or Do Not; There is no try". I like his silly laugh in Empire Strikes Back. He taught me that "Size matters not", by lifting the X-Wing from the swamp. I cried, when he disappeared and left to join Obi-Wan in Return of the Jedi. And was so happy to see him reunited with his pals, as immortals at the end of it all!

Then, came the prequels! YO-DA MAN! I was so excited to see that little guy return! I missed him! He knew something wasn't right with that Anakin kid. "Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering" - " I sense much fear in you...". Then in Episode 2-BAM! Yes-I yelled and screamed in the theater, with everyone else as Yoda took on Count Dooku! To see that little Master show off his lightsaber skills was AWESOME! Episode 3, I was a little disappointed to see him fail and not take down Palpatine. But, we all know that kind of had to happen in order for the story to work. I got teary-eyed during the Order 66 scene, as I saw Yoda clinch at his heart because he knew something was wrong. And BAM! again, as he took down the Swamp Scout and Trooper before jumping on Chewbacca's back and escaping!

And now, I get to enjoy seeing Yoda again, in Clone Wars. I have so much fun enjoying this series with my kids. They love Yoda too!

Yes-Yoda is my favorite character. It was hard to pick just one. As I thought and thought about who to pick, I just kept coming back to him!
Above is the Yoda Fountain at the Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco-Home of Lucasfilm. My family and I took a road trip up the coast of California for Spring Break last year. This was our final destination before heading home and highlight of our trip! "Feel the Force."
To read more about Yoda, check out : http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/

1 comment:

  1. Yoda is definitely one of my Top 5 favorite characters. I'll have to admit though that I liked him much better when he was a puppet in the original trilogy but he did kick major butt in the prequels!! I love all the pictures you used of him too!

    ReplyDelete