Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jess: Daily Image




Today's Daily Image is a personal one for me. For those who don't know who that is above, it's Marcia Lucas, George's ex-wife. She won the Academy Award for Best Editing, along with Richard Chew, for Star Wars. It's personal for me because when I saw Star Wars for the first time, the editing is what stuck out the most to me. I aspired to be able to do what Marcia Lucas and Richard Chew created. It was only later did I realize the story behind her. She disappeared after her and George's divorce, and never edited again. A great tragedy, because I would of loved to see what she was could of done.

You can read more about her here, but take it all with a grain of salt, I don't know if it's all confirmed:

http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html


Either way, I thought it was a neat picture of Star Wars' beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment